Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Zanussi Lindo 300 dryer ZDC8202P - the start/pause

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi Lindo 300 dryer ZDC8202P - the start/pause touch pad keeps flashing red and won't start. Any idea why? No clues in the manual.
Thankyou
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Dryer?Can you tell me which light is flashing red? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot remember exactly when I bought it but I think it was less than 3 yrs ago.
The start/pause touchpad - figure 5 on the user manual control panel guide
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** just displaying a (5) flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you press the on/off button to start, all the ***** *****ghts light up as expected including the start/pause touchpad. When the start pause button is pressed in order to start the dryer, it then flashes red.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi to rule out the safety lock please try this first. If yours is like this?try to reset the safety lock, are you pressing and holding the 2 buttons with the padlock symbol between them?You need to hold them for a while.Please let me know if that changes anything?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pressed both buttons and the child lock symbol illuminated. I have now cancelled the child lock and it has made no difference, the start/pause touchpad is still flashing red
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying that as a test for me.Please next open the dryer and with it empty, spin the drum by hand for me, does it spin with no resistance or alot of resistance etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is some resistance but it feels normal
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. Please unplug the dryer for 30 full minutes so I can rule out an electrical glitch. Thank you for your patience we are getting there.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just switched it off now. I am now going out but will get somebody to turn in on in 30 minutes.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for that information.I will be here when you have the result, if I'm not here, Please leave a message and I will reply when I return, I am based in the US, so we are on different time zones lol;-)Thank you Tech Michael