Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Siemens cooker extractor approximately 25 years old.

Customer Question

I have a Siemens cooker extractor approximately 25 years old. The part/serial number is ***** longer legible. It is a type that pulls out like a drawer. The controls situated under the left side of the unit consist of a knob that turns to to switch on and control the required speed of the fan and a push button to turn on the light. The problem is that while pushing the button up turns on the light, the button no longer stays up to keep the light on. Previously you pushed the button up to turn the light on and pushed again to switch of.
The unit is 90cm wide and pulls out (extends) in drawer like fashion 16.5cm.
Can the switch unit be replaced or repaired?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,thanks for your question, can you read the model # ***** all?Also do you knwo how old this hood is?And maybe could you send me a pic or two of this one so I can identify it?Thanks John. Tech Mike