Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint washer dryer wdal 8640 which keeps filling

Hi I have a hotpoint washer dryer wdal 8640 which keeps filling then stops then all lights on the right vertical flash
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi When all the lights start to flash look at the row of lights going down on the far right which is the cycle phase lights and some of them will be lit. Number them from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom which will be the door lock.Let me know which of them lights are lit up and we can take it from there as this is an error code. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 door lock 2 end 3 dryer 4 spin we also noticed that the counter weight block has broke up a bit again leaving brickdust
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. If you have lights 1,2,3 and 4 then this is error code F15. Now for this its either a loose wire on the dryer heater or a faulty dryer heater.Remove the top and there on the top you will see the metal dryer chamber. Towards the back of this is 2 wires going to the heater. Check the wires and see if they have come off. As if you have a loose weight then it could have knocked the wire off.If the wires are fine then you need to test the dryer heater for continuity and if faulty then it will need to be replaced. But as to the top weight if its broken up then it will need to be replaced. But you need to also check the drum lugs the weight bolts to and if they have worn then the drum will also need to be replaced.But the cost of this will not be worth it yourself. But Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for £110 all in if you don't have a warrenty. So give them a bell and they will replace the drum, top weight and dryer heater as well for the £110 so that will be worth it. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.