Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I'm in a holiday rental with an Electrolux induction hob.

Customer Question

I'm in a holiday rental with an Electrolux induction hob. I can't make it work despite using induction at home. Don't know model no. But have photo. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Are you using Only the special pots? They are special and only they will get hot;-)Also May I have the Full model # ***** your HOB? If you can locate that for me?Or maybe tell me a bit bore about the issue if this didn't help.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a photo if that would help? I just can't make it work
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes send me a photo on here.Also let me know what you are doing to try it, and what happens, does it seem to power on etc?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've pressed the power on which works. I have put pan on appropriate job but can't adjust or start heat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for the pics, are you sure you are using the correct (special pots)?Also can you find me the model #?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am using a pot clearly marked as OK for induction. And no I can not find the model no. I am in a holiday rental property. I just need to know what to press to get heat to the relevant hon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hob not hon!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi lol that was probably my sell check that misspelled the word HOB .Sorry for that, I do know what you have sir.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you try to set the power level?also I need the model # ***** i can help you further with this. I can likely get you the user manual as well, no charge.ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW do I set the power level?
Can I identify the model no. By looking at the hob? If not I cannot give it to you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I need the Full model # ***** I can tell you the method this machine uses to set it for cooking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have said at least twice that I do not have the model no. Nor can I get it. Therefore I am afraid this has been a waste of time
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi the model # ***** be on the unit on the back or bottom. I need that so I can be sure which one you have, then I can advise you on how to turn on the heat. I will let CUstomer service know about this in case you cant provide me that model #, so they can send you a refund from us;-) ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT9 on top of hob
Cannot access underneath
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me see if that helps one min...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Please visit this site, they can help with this if you can't get the full model #http://www.electrolux.co.uk/Support/Manuals/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will now try the Electrolux site. Please let customer service know about my problem and arrange for a refund. Thank you
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good ,best wishes;-)Tech Michael