KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Whirlpool AWOD 5526 washing machine has gone absolutely

My Whirlpool AWOD 5526 washing machine has gone absolutely dead mid-cycle. Mains voltage is present on the connector to the control PCB but it is not possible to get any indicator lights on. I was surprised to find that the door is openable. Seems like a new PCB is required? Or could it be the door lock?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem is with the main control board that is bad and needs replacement... before replacing you can also remove the wiring harness connections to the control and reconnect them again... make sure it is unplugged before you do this...if still it wont work then replacing the main control is recommended. If it was the door lock then the control would have been working. ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks