Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an integrated Whirlpool DWF B10 IKEA dishwasher

Hi, I have an integrated Whirlpool DWF B10 IKEA dishwasher that is currently having problems.
Won't wash and gets filled with water so I try to drain it through 'pre-rinse' mode. It drains but when I try to wash at, say, 50 degrees, it fills to a point and stops. There is a slight hum that comes after.
I try to repeat the process but never get to the wash.
The 'add rinse aid' light is on, is this a contributing factor?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi At any point does the start light flash?If so then count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know. If it doesn't then once its filled up do the hear the humming noise from the very bottom of the dishwasher? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,Thanks for getting back to me. No the start light does not blink at all. it is a steady yellow. Can't tell where the humming is coming from. Everytime I open the dishwasher cabinet it stops humming.What do you reckon the problem is?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is more then likely the wash motor. These are prone for failing on these Whirlpool dishwashers. As you are not getting flashing lights from it then the dishwasher itself isn't picking up a fault. But the motors can jam up in there so instead of washing it sits there humming as it cannot run. Im afraid for this the wash motor will need to be replaced on this to cure it.To access the motor you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the metal base.Then you will see the wash motor from there. If you need anymore info just get back too me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, realised that it stops everytime the soap dispenser pops open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how much is the motor? also, as it is an integrated dishwasher, I cannot access the back :-(
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The wash motor is £115 for the part only. But the dishwasher will have to come out to replace it. So if you cannot remove yourself and have to get an engineer in then you can add another £50 roughly on top for labour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help. think its cheaper to replace the whole dishwasher.