Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a 8.5 year old integrated dishwasher which stopped

Customer Question

I have a 8.5 year old integrated dishwasher which stopped shortly after the programme started and now has standing water in the bottom.
I have looked through the manual but it gives no advice on this problem.
The PNC is(###) ###-####Model E8L63010
Is this a self help problem or do I need to book an engineer?
I use a finish dishwasher cleaner every two weeks and daily clean the filters.
Many thanks,
Angela
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Angela,Can you tell me what the display is doing?Also does it appear to work at all, and is there any sign of life from the controls?Thanks Ang.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,Yes there is signs of life but only just - at the end of the display the top symbol arrow and straight line is flashing. When I put a programme on it makes a noise but not as usual, no water seems to be coming in and then it just stops :-( already the water is starting to pong and it's only been since it stopped working after I went to bed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you To rule out something, please turn power off to the dishwasher at the Mains, so it has no power running to it. Then leave the power off for 30 full minutes. Next turn on the mains for the dishwasher and let me know if the problem continues or if it has worked itself out ? It may fix this issue because it may be electronically glitched, something that does happen to these control boards. If it works Great! But if not please let me know and I will tell you the next step and what you will need to fix this one;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I already tried that - first thing I do with all gadgets is turn off, leave and turn back on................ :-( I will of course try it again now, fingers crossed
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks did you turn it off at the house mains Not Just the power switch on the dishwasher? Just need to be sure you understand that lol;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned off the mains supply at the wall - will turn whole house off now if that's what you mean?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi well you you probably have one switch just for the dishwasher but that works lol.Just wait about 20 minutes and then you can switch it back on
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I need to know if that solved the issue or not? If it did thats great but usually this will require a part, we will cross that bridge if we get to that point;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's sounding more hopeful............................ I can hear water and hopefully it's not going to suddenly flood the kitchen lol!
I will let you know soon if it's ok - thanks for your help so far. Ange
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Awesome Ange ;-) let me know how it goes? In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Ange!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boo hoo - it's just stopped again and the water is still there :-( life is never simple is it?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I figured it would;-( Can you tell me if there is any light on the display etc at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same end one flashing and programme flashing too.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, can you check inside the dishwasher, does it feel like the water was hot or just warm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's freezing cold so I am guessing when I thought water was going in it wasn't - same old stagnant stuff from earlier - yuck!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Im sorry to hear that your cold!Ok, this is a cheap part that need replacement.The part that failed is the water inlet valve or SOlenoid as we call it. This part is electrically operated by the dishwashers control.Its easy to replace requiring only a few basic hand tools I will help you make the fix when you have that part.May I have the make of the dishwasher? ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael - its an Electrolux Integrated DishwasherModel ESL63010 PNC###-##-####
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ange, the best place to get that replacment part is :http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/ I woudl call them to order this part: 0844(###) ###-####The also ship same day in most cases;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Ange!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Michael - I will order the part now - many thanks for your help. Have a good weekend, Ange
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ange, you too -)When you have the part you can re connect with me for advice then;-) Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part ordered and should be here tomorrow - I will shout when 'my husband' is ready to make the change - lol - it will be me :-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds great!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Michael
The dishwasher part finally arrived late yesterday afternoon.
I have no idea what to do with it. I know you said it was easy........ ūüėä
If you can help with the removal/installation, beating in mind I still have standing water in the machine, I would be very grateful. Thanks Ange
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Ange,The first thing to do is remove the standing water, you can do that by removing the drain hose from underneath the dishwasher and make sure you have a pan to catch that water, other wise you need to siphon it from the inside;-)Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mmm..... It's integrated so I think I will need to syphon, some how... Will get back to you when I have sussed that out.
I might just end up buying a new dishwasher lol!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi that's fine;-) But let me know in any case what you decide to do;-)Have a great night!Tech Michael