Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an IQ100 dishwasher I go to start it and find the

Customer Question

I have an IQ100 dishwasher I go to start it and find the rinse (I think) light on showing 15 mins. I never use this function normally. I can not cancel it or start a normal wash cycle
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Dishwasher ?Also has this always been a function that runs during the cycles?And is it just recently giving you an issue?Are you concerned that it now shows rinse for a long period of time?And is it working well in all other aspects at this time? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dishwasher is about 5 years old
Never seen this run before and I have never knowingly used it.
This is the the first and only time. It wont let me do anything else.
When I said rinse I think it is probably prewash or prerinse - sign looks like a shower.
It has been working perfectly until now but now wont let me set up a normal wash
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for clearing all that up for me ;-)Yes on that model it is a prewash, it is supposed to pre rinse the dishes before its normal cycle if it detects excess debris.But this can happen if the dishwasher is dirty under the spray arm on the floor inside the dishwasher, or a clog in the drain line to the sink trap. You need to check both of these areas, first before I can say the likely part failure.Does it drain ok now or is there water stuck in the bottom?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water stuck in the machine and it appears to drain perfectly.
I let it do the 15min prewash in case that it would clear after finishing but it didnt
I will do check for dirt under the spray arm and report back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checked. All clean. Removed the lower stray arm and all clean.
Definitely no water in the machine
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** unfortunately a bad main control board (timer). Its easy to replace and requires no soldering;-) I will help you do this and if you are a little handy and have a just a few basic hand tools you can do this easily.The best place to get that is:http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/Its best to call them for this part as they will have up to date pricing and availability. They usually ship the saem day you order as well.Please call: 0844(###) ###-#### ***** any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great weekend!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spoke with ransom spares who said there are two such control boards.
As the larger one has to be programmed, they are ordering the smaller on in the top of the door
7/10 days from Germany
Thanks again for your help
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome Have a great weekend!