Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The remote control will not restart programme by pressing PLAY/x13

Customer Question

The remote control will not restart programme by pressing PLAY/x13 button after fast forward programme the model is DMR-BS880
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your DMR-BS880 ?Also does everything else seem to work? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 6 years old also on off switch is a bit sluggish.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the call offer. I am trying to cal you now :-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi for some reason I hear only hold music, I will try again later and continue until we connect.Thank you for your patience.Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
In the mean time, please unplug your DMR unit from power and let it sit that way for 10 full minutes before plugging it back in.Next remove the batteries in your remote control and replace then in the unit incorrectly wrong platity. Wait 1 full minute then remove them. Next, please install Brand new DUracell batteries only and let me know if the problem has resolved itself. on this model this proceedure works for this problem about 50% of the time;)If it works Great!If not please reply to e here for further information.In the meantime I put in a complaint to CUstomer service on the phone call issue waiting to hear back from them;-) Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done as you suggested now working ok thanks ps cant understand why you cant get through to me on phone as everything is ok this end - will i still be charged for phone service which i never had ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will make sure they dont charge you for that, they may have a hold on that charge, but rest assured they will correct that, I have been a Technician for them for over 8 years and they always fix billing issues, they did however get back to me on the call problem. There was a technical issue there.Thank you Glad its working ;-)Have a great weekend! Tech Michael