Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Cooker Hood AKG958/BA/WP/T. when WE CLOSE THE HOOD THE LIGHT

Customer Question

Cooker Hood AKG958/BA/WP/T.
when WE CLOSE THE HOOD THE LIGHT OVER THE COOKER DOES NOT GO OUT.
HAD A LOOK BUT CANT SEE WHERE THE SWITCH IS. CAN YOU HELP???
THANKS
mIKE bAGULEY
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Hood system ?Also may I have the make? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 25 years its a whirlpool AKG/958/BA/WP/T 160W
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Can you send me a pic of this one, as they dont show the exact model from Whirlpool, Once I see that I will know the proceedure -)Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEED AN E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO PHOTO NOT TOO GOOD AS I CANT REALLY GET LOW ENOUGH AS JUST SHORT OF 80 SORRY
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you can send it here only.I wish I could give you a different address.But i need to be sure which one you have. I think its the one with the door is that correct?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I have to run out for a but, but I will see anything you send me. I will reply as soon as I return.Thank you for your patience.If it is the one witht the door, you need to disassemble it to get to the switch ;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CAN ONLY SEND PIC WITH AN E-MAIL ADDRESS AS ITS ON MY PHONE.. IT HAS A LIFT UP DOOR AND WHEN YOU CLOSE IT THE LIGHT GOES OUT AT THE MOMENT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING AND THE LIGHT IS STAYING ON. I HAVE REMOVED THE FRONT GRILL,WHICH THE DOOR COVERS BUT CANT FIND THE SWITCH ANYWHERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OFF OUT NOW TILL ABOUT 8 BUT YOU CAN LEAVE A MESSAGE
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this hood if I remember correctly needs to come down for this repair;-( The back or to comes off to access the switch.Once you get that far, i will help you test the switch as it could be something else as well, possible bad control board section? We will know when you have the switch out. Also do you have a meter for some simple tests?Thank you Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO HELP AS I COULD NOT E-MAIL PICTURES TO YOU. I HAVE HAD A SUPPLIER ROUND AND WE ARE REPLACING THE UNIT BECAUSE OF ITS AGE AND CONDITION.
CHEERS
MIKE BAGULEY
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, Its probably best, ***** ***** the model and due to its use and age.Best with your new Hood;-)Thank you for rating kindly.Tech Michael