Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko dwd5410w dishwasher problems it trips the fuse board

Hi my beko dwd5410w dishwasher problems it trips the fuse board on a cycle ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is the dishwasher tripping the electrics out as soon as you plug it in or is it half way through the cycle. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was half way through. now streat way
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Most of the time for this kind of fault its the wash heater that causes this.What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back.Then from the metal base from there.There you will see the heater cylinder. On there is a 2 wire block. You need to remove this block and tape it up out of the way. Then stand it up right and turn it on and see if it stops the tripping. If it does then the heater is the fault and will need to be replaced and that should cure the fault from there. Check the heater first and see what you find as most of the time that's the fault. If its not then get back to me and I can advise further. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok look tomorrow thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just tried what you said with a two wires and it tripped the fuse after a couple of minutes
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok so if its not the heater then you need to do the same to the wash motor that's under there next to the heater. But if that's ok as well then you need to remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wires running down the door.Check the wires were it bends round the door to the underside. Check them as they can break in there and short out against the metal tub and trip the electrics out as well. So check them and see what you find. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it has not trip the fuse with the motor disconnected looks like that?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if it didn't trip out with the wash motor disconnected then that will be the fault here. You need to replace the wash motor and im sure that will cure the fault from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi hope it's the problem fitting weekend