George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Teka extractor fan, when I switched the extractor

I have a Teka extractor fan, when I switched the extractor fan on there was a noisey bank and the overhead lights went out and fused. When I looked the the bulb had been blown out of its holder and the other one was hanging by some kind of thread - any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.
Laura
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Is the fan still working? This is a common occurrence when a bulb fails and blows by shorting ... Check the holder has not been damaged, replace the bulb, and refit the other. Check/change the fuse in the plug. Let me know if the appliance is working again or if we need to go further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan is not working and the bulb metal ends which screw into the bulb connection seem to have fused and we cannot remove them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer has not solved the problem
Hi, thanks forgetting back to me. If the Full metal ends how fused to the holder then the holder may need to be removed and replaced. In the meantime the lamps may need to be disconnected to allow you to use the unit.