Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Michael I have a bosch classixx dishwasher with an e14 fault

Customer Question

Hi Michael I have a bosch classixx dishwasher with an e14 fault I have checked the pump no debris and I have replaced the water inlet solenoid valve and I still have the e14 fault any ideas vinny
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you let me have the ENr for you product please, it is laser etched on the top of the inner stainless steel door at the top ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian the ENr number is ***** thanks vinny
Hi Vinny, Let me explain how the system works and then indicate what you need to do to rectify the fault. Water passes through the inlet valve you have changed and then into a small turbine called a contact. As water is passing through the turbine its rotations are counted by the main control board. After so many revolutions (and by default so much water) the control board stops the fill and the appliance moves to the next stage ~ wash. The fill operation is a timed even so if it takes too long the microprocessor errors out and stops the process. The turbine has a habit of getting blocked or not rotating within the time frame and you get an E14 fault. You need to replace the turbine or contact and everything should be OK. The part number required is 00611317 named a contact. I have attached a link to the Bosch webpage covering your model - copy and paste it into your browser, go to spare parts it is item 0405 on page 4. http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Dishwasher60cmActiveWater/SMS40C12GB/18 Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA and have a great afternoon ~ Ian