Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My induction hob a logik LINDHOB 10/A has suddenly gon completely

Customer Question

Hi my induction hob a logik LINDHOB 10/A has suddenly gon completely dead. there is power to the unit but no response from any of the controls and nothing on any display. i have tried switching off for a while then back on still nothing. Any ideas
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the power supply is fine to the hob then the fault is either going to be the mains connection box or the power board. What you need to do on this is remove the hob and turn it over and there you will see the mains connection box with the power cable going to it. Open this and check it for signs of burning in there. But if that's fine then the control board will be the fault here on this. But to be honest with you it will be cheaper and easyer to get a new hob. As power boards for induction hobs are very expensive and usually more then what the hobs are worth.Plus cheaper makes like Logix, Bush and swan are very hard to get spares for. Basically they are made as a through away hob. For you hob you have now you can get it from Currys for £170 were as spares you can look at £200 so not even worth it. But check the mains connection box first if you can and see if that's faulty as this will be a lot cheaper. But if that's fine then im afraid its as above a faulty power board here. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards