Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a vax total home master steam cleaner which has stopped

Customer Question

I have a vax total home master steam cleaner which has stopped steaming.I have fitted a new filter but it still doesn't work.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine, it would be great if you could find a solution for me.I really appreciate your trying and thank you for keeping me informed.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you let me have the Vax model number please and I will see what the diagrams show and come back to you - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's model number S7-A.
Are you up for taking it appart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep I'll have a go!
OK put the cleaner on a table and remove the screws that hold the two parts of the casing together. You will then find a water inlet solenoid and boiler with a couple of thermal cutouts. Come back to me when you have done this. Do it slowly and take note of how they go together they are a nightmare to reassemble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the casing apart but the inside looks so complicated and I don't know the first thing about anything technical.Would it be possible for you to send me your instructions which I can save for my Grandson to follow? I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me.
I am working all over the weekend and then on Monday evening so come back to me anytime and I can take your grandson through things. It would be useful if he had a multimeter if he can borrow one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me. My grandson and son-in-law looked at it over the weekend and both said it looked like the motor had burnt out.Some of the parts were a bit rusty too.So I have disposed of it and bought a new one.Once again many thanks.