Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

T2288c dryer wont heat up only runs cold . What could it be

Customer Question

t2288c dryer wont heat up only runs cold . What could it be or what new components should i buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have checked all the connections in the back of dryer and all loose fluff and any water in sump at bottom of machine removed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.There are three main components you need to check, the thermal sensor (for the heater core), the overheat element, and the wire heater core itself.If any of these parts is bad you will have no heat.Do you have a meter to test a few of these parts?I will help you if you need? They are all on the heater box inside the dryer.If the core itself is good, If this were me, i woudl replace all the sensors as one task,as another one may soon follow in failure;-)If its just the core, simply we can replace that as well.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so the box attached to the rear of the machine situated at the back of the drum with the wire coils is the heater core?
and the 2 small sensors wired to the top of this box are the thermal sensor ( thermostat ) and the overheat element ( a small metal rod with wires attached ) ??
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yep you got it;-) I usually order all these parts so I dont need to do this job again lol ;-)Im here if you need me ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so now Ive got no power in dryer , no lights on display, I have metered and checked there is power going to the on - off switch and beyond that but nothing lights up, it wont turn on now? what could it be ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for the delay I was off.Are you saying after the parts, install are you have no power to the main control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power going to main on-off switch and beyond that but no lights showing on the display ?
I haven't actually installed the 2 replacement parts yet but wanted to check power supply with meter as 13amp fuse in plug had blown
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi , thanks, ***** ***** to make sure the motor isn't shorted out. But is the panel now seeming completely dead? Any sigh of life from it now?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
ALso is yours the gas or just electric version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the electric version, how would I test if the motor is shorted out? the control panel appears to be dead
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for that information. Have you checked the fuse and make sure there isn't a fuse in the plug as well that has failed. ALso make sure your wiring is correct.Do you have a meter for some tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fuse in the plug is fine.... so there is a fuse inside the dryer for the motor? I wasn't aware of that ...where would it be located ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi there should be a fuse somewhere near the power cord where it enters the machine, sometimes they put it in the wire that runs from the cord into machine and may even be covered under electrical tape etc.Do you have a meter, so we can tell where the power stops exactly?That will help a great deal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I do have a meter...I will run tests this evening.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi great! I will be here all day please let me know how those tests go.