Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We purchased a ferroli electric boiler in june of last year.Will

Customer Question

we purchased a ferroli electric boiler in june of last year.Will go into fitting problems,however you may know right away what the problem is.When we turn water on ,normally the cold water it mays a really loud squeaky noise which seem to be getting worse. Any ideas for us before it drives us insane.We live in Spain and our Spanish is very poor.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.is that squeaking sound coming from the boiler area or just near the faucet? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears be coming from the boiler area but the squeaking is mainly when you turn on a cold water tap,anywhere in the house,also when you flush the loo.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** the water pressure, any different than it used to be? And does it seem weak at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no different.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,usually this happens due to a blockage in the valve or line neat the boiler.Its something you woudl hear all the way through the system because pipes carry sound well.It will need a cleaning to solve this problem. A technician is needed as they use special chemicals and high pressure equipment to cleat that build up that is creating the whistle. Its a lot like whistling will occur with air;-)I swish I had better news for you I really do. But this one will need a technician to clean out the pipes, its usually mineral build up causing this sound.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry micheal this problem only occurred once the new boiler had been fitted and comes from the boiler itself????? There was no noise before so I don't believe your theory is correct in this instance.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I didn't realize or see that it was a new installation lol.Sorry for that.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
In that case, you have a possible bad expansion tank accounting for this squeaking sound.Or still, a blockage somewhere int he boiler. I have seen personally small things in the lines and in the take, also rust that could have fallen off in there and is causing the whistle. Especially since the system was recently installed, a bit of rust or sediment could also be to blame.I am sure it needs service though by an experienced tech;-)This probably will work ok for a long time to come, or may even disappear on its own. I dont see this as being a serious problem other than the annoyance lol.Tech Michael