George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

On my dishwasher it's showing an icon of a tap, my dishwasher

On my dishwasher it's showing an icon of a tap, my dishwasher is not operating properly, could you explain what this icon may be please
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your dishwasher ?Also may I have the Full Model #?And is working or does it stop middle, please explain what it does, and when it fails, so I can help you ;-) Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's about 6 years old, the model number in on the left hand side of the door and unfortunately I'm unable to read it
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi,FIrst, turn off the electric to your DW from the mains.This could be a one of two things but its possible the drain hose is blocked.Get a length of stiff(ish) cable and push it down the drain hose as far as you can. Aim the hose into a bucket and start the dishwasher.You need to get water flowing in the hose.Doesn't matter how little.Once it's flowing, get the machine empty and pour in some kettles of very hot water.Then reassemble and turn on the power, let me know if that helped, I would also clean out the pump impeller to make sure it spins freely;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, because I'm disabled I am going to get my son to follow your instructions, I'll keep my fingers crossed, it may take a couple of days
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey no problem I will stick with you until its working ;-) Please rate so I can place you into my priority list, and when you are ready to work, I will see it right away. And will reply ASAP.ThanksTech Michael ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I rate you
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi it should be on this page somewhere.ThanksTech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Ursula, my name is ***** ***** I am a UK Expert.. The problem you have can also be caused by water leaking into the base causing the Anti-Flood system to activate... I advise that you do not rate until you are satisfied that a result has been achieved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do to rectify it
You'll need to get your son to determine the fault first... by either removing the side panel of the appliance or by tilting the appliance to its rear to see if water protrudes the base. The fault could also be that the drain pump is jammed by debris (Listen at the beginning of the cycle, is there a hum when the drain pump should be running?) ... If this is the case, get your son to locate the drain pump and remove it in the appropriate manner relative to your appliance model.. remove the obstruction then test its operation before putting it back together. If the issue is water in the base, you will need to get your son to remove the side panel to investigate water sources.. This could be any of the following or more... Split hoseWash pump sealDrain pump sealTub sealDamaged heaterDamaged water tank or other water vessel If you need further advice, please ask.. I will be out of the office today but (If the response is to me) I will respond to you at the first chance I get.Act accordingly... Please do not forget to rate the appropriate response. regards
Do you need any further assistance with this issue?
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair