Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just had an new oven installed. Done all the cleaning etc.

Customer Question

Just had an new oven installed. Done all the cleaning etc. Try to cook with it put there was so much smoke and everything was covered in a brown sticky substance where could this have come from
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi The sticky substance is this all over the shelves and walls inside the oven?Does it come off? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes looks like running down sides there's even a thick covering on the light, no it won't come of, when you put the oven on the is an unbelievable amount of smoke coming out, did all the pre cleaning and the fitter said it was ready to use
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok on new ovens you always get smoke coming off it as the heaters have a coating over them so when you first turn it on it burns the coating off which creates the smoke which you have.But this only happens the first time as when you use it next it should be as normal from there and shouldn't give off any smoke from there. But during the first use of the heater you should not get any sticky substance on there. As for this to happen something may have got caught on one of the heater elements and melted it as nothing inside the oven should give off a substance like this. As its not coming off then this isn't right so you need to get in touch with Neff and they will have to sort it out as if its not coming they will have to replace the oven. Sorry its not good news on a brand new oven. But if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see the question is still open is there anything else I can help you with? If not then you need to click the star ratings at the top to close the question down. Regards