George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a whirlpool washing machine who's service light keeps

I have a whirlpool washing machine who's service light keeps coming on and the error code F08 do you know what the error is referring too?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
F8 usually refers to the inability of the appliance to heat the water. This can be caused by the heater itself being open circuit, or by the failure of the pcb to supply power to the heater. There are other causes, but these are the main two causes. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can this be easily fixed or am I looking at a new machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh in order to continue my conversation do I have to pay a further £15?
Usually, this can be cured by replacement of the heating element, ntc, or pcb, whichever is causing the issue. Use a multimeter on the heater to ascertain the continuity of the device.. to test the NTC use a resistance test.. alternatively, if there is no power to the element, a visual check of the relay pins for the heater on the pcb is normally suffice to detect faults, but the pcb can be changed if necessary or repaired by the likes of QER or EMWelectronics
No you don't have to pay any more to continue the conversation Julia.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. Just to check - The machine starts the programme requested for 15 seconds and before the water enters the machine it switches off and the service light and F08 shows. Would the machine switch off if the heating element is not working or wouldn't I just get a cold was? Just checking it couldn't be something else like the filter? Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
I am out of the office now so I can't check. Normally, the pre-wash checks will show up that the heating element is open circuit and throw up the F8 error code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks that's all i needed to know - I'm off to buy a new one. Thanks again for your help.