Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

What does the red tap sign illuminated and bleeper mean, these

Customer Question

what does the red tap sign illuminated and bleeper mean, these go off a minute or 2 after you start the cycle
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also does the dishwasher start to fill with water first before that light comes on? Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi , The dishwasher is not filling before the light comes on . The dishwasher type is a bosch aqua vario super silence , auto 3 in 1. about 8 years old .I don't have the model number to hand ,
Is it making any noises?
Is the drain pump running all the time?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes its making noises , I don't know if the drain pimp runs . to complete a cycle we have to continue to open and close the door to stop the beeper when it comes on
Ok I think you will fid this is down to the anti flood switch in the base that's causing this as it sounds like its the pump that's running all the time here. If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have done that procedure . the red tap illuminated and the bleeper sounded 2 minutes after the start of the cycle and no water visible inside when you open the door
Ok so when you lay it on its back did water come out from the bottom? When you turned it back on and started it did the light go off? If so and it has come back on again then theres a leak in there causing this so you need to remove the side panels and drain the base out again and try and find were the water is leaking from to fix this.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
some water came out but only one or two cup full the rest of the water remained inside the washer . when i switched the power back on everything looked normal , i started the cycle again but the red tap sign illuminated again after 2 minutes and the bleeper sounded , i opened the door and no water had been pumped in
Ok no water should come out of the bottom when you tip it back as if it does its a sign theres a water leak under there. So the flood switch is getting triggered that's why the water tap light is coming on. You need to remove both side panels and then you can access the workings under there.There you will see the base. If that's full of water then its triggering the flood switch.So you will need to find the cause of this and to do it set it going with both panels off and watch it as you start it going.Watch it from the left hand side as this is were I would think you would see the leak.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i removed the side panels , started the cycle ,bleeper went off so raised the red rod (attached to float switch) and the bleeper stopped. the cycle went to the last minute where the bleeper went off , i raised the red rod for a few seconds again and the bleeper silenced and the cycle completed. looks to me like contamination might be blocking the float switch . no sign of water leak in base , I think the water before came from inside as the cycle had not emptied. If I buy some cleaning fluid and run it through the machine could this be the answer?
Ok if its something getting caught in the flood switch then running a cleaner inside the dishwasher wont make a difference. What you need to do is remove the red lifter rod and try and get better access to the float switch at the bottom and check theres nothing stuck in there keeping it activated. Try that and see what happens and let me know. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open? Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page. Regards