Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Siemens dishwasher about 5 years old now and it

Hi, I have a Siemens dishwasher about 5 years old now and it has started taking much longer than usual to complete its cycle and yesterday ran for over 4 hours it doesn't seem to stop. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
It sounds very much like the heater element has failed, Can you put it on the hottest wash you have and tell me after about 45 minutes if the water is hot? Secondly, could you let me have the model number which is laser etched in the top of the inner stainless steel door frame. Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heater is definitely working because when I stopped it mid cycle the inside was very hot. The model is FD9004 the e NR is SN65e0003b / 17. I think it is difficult to read.
OK can you have another look for me, that is not listed as a Siemens product.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It could be SN65E000GB / 17
Yes thats the one, thank you. can I just confirm that the appliance is going through its programs it just takes longer and longer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, it used to take around 2.5 hours but last completed cycle was 3.5 and the last one at 4 hours was still filling with water so I stopped it. Dishes were clean but wet! and water was pooled in the bottom.
OK as you will be aware the dishwasher uses the heater to steam the plates dry, can you just indulge me and do a medium temp wash and confirm that the plates are steamed dry. I am reticent to say that it is the main control pcb until I am sure that the heater is actually working correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to run another cycle after resetting it, but it seems to make a strange noise and doesn't start running any water. Thanks for your help but I am going to give up and order a new machine.
OK no worries - would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system. Thank You for using JA and have a great evening.