Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have purchased a RSG5UUMH and installed but no water

Hi I have purchased a RSG5UUMH and installed but no water is coming out checked all the pipes the blue pipe from filter is carrying water but it does not get past a blue sort of pump with a white and orange water pipe. I also do not hear any noise when ice button is pressed any ideas please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK two things, you should hear a buzz from the back when you press the lever at the front for water - do you get that noise?secondly the ice making operation is outomatic, but you should hear the auger turning ~ did you take off the doors when you installed the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes took doors off, water is dispensing but not into ice maker, I have pressed the test button on ice maker, which does not turn on but the ice off display flashes ?
OK this usually indicates that the ice bucket has not been inserted correctly so firstly take that out and then reinsert and recheck. If that doesn't cure it, take off the top hinge cover and check that the pins in the moulded plug/socket are pushed firmly home, they have a habit of coming out of the moulding and then not connecting - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi all plugs seem fine and fully inserted ?
OK give me an hour or so, there is a self test procedure to go through but I cant get access to the details until after 9am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi re previous message you were going to contact me ?
Sorry for the delay I have only just got it through and will come back to you as soon as I have it printed out.
OK when you are ready to go give me a nudge - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IanReady to go
OK give me your phone number and I'll talk you through it over the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Good to talk to you