Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch HBN13M551B /10 oven, The light in the main oven

Customer Question

I have a Bosch HBN13M551B /10 oven, The light in the main oven will not go off, i have checked the door for any obstructions and cannot see any issues. Also when the child lock is activated none of the doors lock and there is a buzzing sound coming from the top of the oven.
Can you advise what the issue may be?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Good morning - the light in the main oven is controlled by the main oven selector switch ie as soon as you turn the switch the oven lamp comes on. What has happened is that one or more of the contacts on the switch have welded themselves together. Its a case of replacing the switch ~ with regard to the buzzing this can also be attributable to the defective switch.Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are answered free of charge. Do come back to me if you need further advice. Thank you for using JA and have a good day ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this something that is easily replaced and easily obtained?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also do you have a part number for the switch please?
Copy and paste this in to your browser, go to spare parts and then page two and the diagram and parts are listed ~~ http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/BUILTINBUILTUNDERCOOKEROVEN/HBN13M551B/10 Thank you for the rating, come back to me if you further help _ Ian