Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Daniel. you advised me to get a service kit for

Customer Question

Hi Daniel. you advised me to get a service kit for Electrolux ENN26800 fridge freezer because fridge not cooling (fault E1 came up). I have service kit and in middle of changing boards. Need to ask a few questions??
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening - my name is*****'m not sure exactly what you are doing as from the earlier notes you were going to sign up for an Electrolux monthly service plan. Could you advise what you are currently doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian. I decided to get the service kit that Daniel advised. Having looked at the instructions that come with the kit, the service bulletin###-##-####doesn't list my model number and one of the existing connections has no place on the new board. Need someone to confirm this is the right service kit.
Could you give me the full pnc or product code so that I can look up the details - there are 17 different versions of your model. I can come back to you with more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pnc: 925 697 710-03. The mother board is a ERF2050.
OK could you let me have the part number of the kit that you have been supplied please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
part:405 51 20-05/1 service kit A4-3
OK according to the info I have that kit gives you two ERF2000 boards a control board and a visual board. I assume that you have an ERF2050 board that was orignally fitted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the kit is 1 off ERF2000 (LCD) and 1 off ERF2000PB. Problem I have (before I start splicing wires) is that the new board has no place for the freezer door connection (J11 on the ERF2050 board). I'm also not convinced the serve bulletin number given with the new boards relates to A4-3 kit. They only give instruction upto A3 kit.
OK thanks for the further information, can you give me time on this, because of the number of versions there are pages of stuff to go through most of which refers to replacement of the defective sensors. to save me ploughing back through your conversation with Daniel - what was the original fault, was that the E1 error??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Original fault was high temperature in the fridge. In service mode, fault E1 came up. Strange thing is, E1 is the evaporator sensor!!??
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest, I need to speak to the original appliance technician Daniel T. He was the one who advised on what parts to purchase to fix my problem. When I requested another question to him, all I got back was "this question is now closed". The second technician said he was going to get back to me, never has. I have spent a lot of money on parts that are no good to fix my problem, parts that he advised me to buy. Including parts and costs for questions, I am so far up to approx. £250 and still no where near getting my problem fixed. It would have been cheaper buying a new fridge.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I would help you with this, if you like?I can see the conversation you and he had ;-)It sounds like he advised you correctly but what are the issues or questions you may have?Let me know!Thanks Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael. The service kit A4-3 is not shown on the Electrolux service bulletin###-##-#### ***** part of this service bulletin (which is on the internet) should I follow? Esp. the freezer door connection. The original freezer door connector (4 way) has no place on the new control board supplied in the A4-3 service kit.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi lol, I know the directions they come with are lousy at best. In this case you only need the one board, did you get two boards or just one with the kit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 boards. Power board and the display board
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please explain what the problem is exactly, does it look like the sent you an incorrect board in the kit?Or did you only need to one board anyway lol?No worries the mess up a lot with these orders trust me I know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, original problem was the fridge not staying cold (+9 c). Putting it in service mode, the only fault that came up was "E1" which is the evaporator sensor. All other components work fine (fan, baffle etc...). No ice build up on evaporator. Daniel then advised to purchase service kit A4-3. The power board in the service kit is a different size to the original power board, which I guess could happen. But when reading the service bulletin, there are no instructions for an A4 kit. There are instructions for kits A1 up to A3. So, I'm now at the stage of wondering if this is the right service kit to fix the problem for this fridge freezer. I also have no way of telling what boards come with which service kit, so I have to take it on good faith they have sent the right boards, unless you know what power board should be in the kit?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you so much for that info that helps a lot! They sent you the wrong kit. I wish they didn't I feel for you man, I do, been there more times that I care to think about.You need to send that one back and request the correct one thery screwed up is all, it happens a lot.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Keith.Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
No additional cost to rate kind ;-)Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify, the wrong kit as in the wrong kit number or the right kit number but wrong boards?? If they sent the wrong boards, what board numbers should I ask for????
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thats a valid question, It sounds like the wrong kit altogether. The part # ***** right from what I see on my end.Where did you purchase this one from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered it direct from Electrolux parts website. Am I just looking for a like for like power board because I was under the impression from Daniel that the service kit by passes the faulty sensor that is buried in foam and cant be replaced.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes it is supposed to bypass that sensor as its not removable without ruining the cabinet ;-(They realized this would fail so they needed a fix and thats kind of what they came up with. It will work, but first you need the correct kit ;-) Someone likely just mislabeled the kit, I see this all the time, in the field.Trust me on that.Please rate at this time so I can remain with you until this is fixed. I don't want this to time out or close unexpectedly as they sometimes seem to do. That will prevent his from happening, then I can be with you until we are sure this is solved correctly.Tech Mike
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, i'll send it back and see what arrives in its place!!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will be here , let me know when you have the new kit. It should be a little different.Tech Michael