Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My gas hob will not stay lit

My gas hob will not stay lit
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the make and model number please. Also is the hob lighting but as soon as you let go is the flame going out? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a dual fuel range master. It has 5 gas rings. The largest one is a double as in it has a small inner ring. It will light but when I release the button it goes out. There does not appear to be any light on the smaller inner ring
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok for this fault you have its going to be faulty thermocouple that's causing this fault. What you can try first is remove the pan stands and burner caps for the fault hob and there you will see a white probe and a dull metal proble.The dull metal probe is the thermocouple probe. Give this a wipe with a damp cloth and give the burner caps a clean. Then refit them and retry it and see how it goes from there. If still the same then you will need to have the thermocouple replaced and this will cure the fault here and get it up and running again for you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I've clean all the probes on all rings and it's working perfectly. I'm very happy