Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My all electric rangemaster 110 hot plate warmer does not get

my all electric rangemaster 110 hot plate warmer does not get hot.Light comes on but no plates getting warm ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the light is coming on but the plate warmer itself isn't getting hot then its either the wires have come detached from the plate warmer or the plate warmer itself is faulty. Now the older models had the wires soldered to the warmer and used to break off. So access the plate warmer if you can from the underside and see if the wires have come off. If so then resolder it back on and that should cure it. But if the wires are fine then you need to replace the complete plate warmer itself from there and that will cure it. So check them and see what you find as the fault will be either the wires to it or the plate warmer itself at fault. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our cooker is about 7 years old and how do I access the hot plate from underneath?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You may have the soldered version on this in that case. You normally need to remove the complete hob top.But what you can try first is pull the oven out and remove the back panel and see if you can see the wires for it at the back.If not then you need to remove the hob section by undoing the screws at the back under the hob and then lift it up slightly and slide forwards and it should come up a bit. Now some models had cover at the back of the hob on top. If you do pop them off and there will be another screw in there. As he hob top will come off in 2 sections on these from memory on the older versions.