George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The hotpoint C367E cokker was switched on at the mains

Hi. The hotpoint C367E cokker was switched on at the mains then the oven switched turned on. The timer flashed briefly and 'clicked' a couple of times. The cooker has completely died.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Has the display on the timer/clock also gone out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes George.
Looking at the wiring diagram, this is going to be either failure of the clock itself, or failure of the power supplying the clock. If it is not the power supplying the clock/timer, you will need a new clock/timer for the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is the clock are these easy to buy? If it's a failure of power to the clock, is there a fuse I can replace?
Just looked at the wiring diagram.. there is no thermal protection listed on the wiring diagram for this model, so just test the input to the clock for power, if there is power there then the clock has failed. The clock is currently still available for the model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George. I've now accessed the clock. I'll just unplug the wires and remove the unit as there's no power.