George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch SGV46M43GB integrated dishwasher and the

Hi I have a Bosch SGV46M43GB integrated dishwasher and the tap symbol is illuminated and the machine won't empty?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked the base of the appliance for water content. To do this, either remove the side panel or tilt the appliance to the rear to look for water escaping from the base.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The base is wet now but wasn't when I started it happened when I lifted the trap on the side of the appliance
The red rod?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry where the water in and the water out pass through a clear plastic chamber towards the rear of the machine on the left side
Is the float clear and level on the baseHave you checked the switch on the float?Is the clear hose from the pressure chamber to the pump clear?Is the drain hose clear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switch on float is working water is a bit murkyWhat's the best way to check if drain hose is clear?
Simply pour water through it Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drain hose is clear
Just turned it on and pushed float down
Water fills no problem and float stops water filling, float is permanently lifted as machine is filled with water
Pump hums and then clicks , it tries that every few minutes or so
You are describing the float within the pressure chamber.. To the right of that is a long red rod. That rod sits in place within the anti-flood system with a float underneath it... can you check that.. If you gently lift the rod, the pump should operate... I have to go out for a while, but will be back later. Try what I have asked... Then reset the appliance and place it on a program.. Please tell me step by step what happens through the program in as much detail as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George will do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've emptied machine manually an cleaned as well as possible.Reset machine and started a programIt is working properly at the moment but will wait to see if it emptiesThe pump that I checked is working for circulating the dishwasher water, is there a separate pump for the waste?I'll let you know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy
Just trying to locate waste pump now
Lifting red rod didn't do anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fixed George
I found the waste pump and freed up the impellerMy lack of knowledge as to whether there were 1 or 2 pumps confused the matter so thanks for your help and I got there in the end
All the best Adam
You're very welcome Adam.. Please rate the assistance using the Star system