Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Creda no CUBRIR model no. 79268 I have this model in my

Customer Question

Creda no CUBRIR model no. 79268
I have this model in my lounge and whatever I select on the input and output controls I get very high heat output during the day when I don't need it even if I turn the output right down or turn the power off at the mains. I have 2 power cables feeding the unit one of which I keep turned off. How can I properly controll the heating so that I am not wasting so much heat and no doubt paying for it?
Peter Darlow
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Creda CUBRIR ? Did this problem just recently happen or is this a new installation that hasn't worked with respect to heat adjusting? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approx 20 years old but I only moved into the property Oct 14 and the problem has persisted since then and may have been the same before. I have been unable to contact the previous owner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model no. Is 79268 as I said in my original request
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information. This is a bad thermostat. On this model that is the part that is responsible solely for adjusting the temp.When it sticks this way, you will need to replace that part.Due to its age, Im not sure if that exact replacement part is still available, but usually there will be a sub part you can use for this.I will will help when you have the thermostat. This is easy to replace with just a few simple hand tools;-)The best place to order that part is : https://www.creda-spares.co.uk/I would call them to order this part as they dont list all parts on their website:Buy Creda Spares Onlineor Call 01489 782 492In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have been using the controls wrongly and that there may be nothing wrong with the thermostat. I am on an Economy 7 tarrif and I think I need to turn the input dial up between midnight and 7am and turn it right down between 7am and midnight. Then I should see if I have enough stored heat at the low night time rate for my needs during the daytime and evening. I will try this and get back to you on Monday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said I will get back to you on Monday So far I have more stored heat than I need for today and will keep input on minimum to see how long it lasts.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi sounds good, and YES that is very possible. It looks like you need to raise and lower it accordingly. As that's what most people do to control the heat useage between night and day. Its easy to do and everything is set, you just really need to select the time like day/ night setting daily ;-)Please dont forget to rate my service before you go. No cost for that;-)ThanksTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem solved. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Glad I could help;-)Tech Michael