Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have the right side hinge loose on my spinflo oh93000 It's

Customer Question

Hi, I have the right side hinge loose on my spinflo oh93000
It's spring loaded .
Can you please advise me how to put it back
John
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your spinflo oh93000?Also is the spring loaded hinge not broken anywhere? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI motorhome is 07 reg
the hinge is intact with no spring broken
the door was jammed with the handle of the grill pan . it had dropped down and jammed the oven door.
I forced the oven door to free it and the hinge came out of the oven case.how does it go back in please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael the hinge is still attached to the door
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
H thanks, ***** ***** feel like it doesn't want to open, as if its spring loaded as I suspect?This hinge can be dangerous if you haven't done these beforeThe best way to do this is to remove the door, and open the door up, to reattach the hinges. Its really the only safe way to do this. Also make sure nothing is bent with regards ***** ***** hinges now.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I send a picture?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that woudl be great and helpful ;-)You can send it right on here .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael . the both hinges are still attached to the door. the right one needs re attaching to the oven body.
it hooks in somehow
the picture explains
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I didn't get the picture yet?I know what you are saying with one hinge off. But to fix this, trust me lol, you need to remove the door and then re attach the both hinges then extend them and insert into the cabinet together with the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to send but first need to send from phone to laptop please bear with me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I remove the door please
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I didn't get the picture yet?I know what you are saying with one hinge off. But to fix this, trust me lol, you need to remove the door and then re attach the both hinges then extend them and insert into the cabinet together with the door.I will be here all day lolThanksTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Take your time ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send me the correct email address
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you send pics on this site directly to this page you are typing me.I am not on that end so I am not sure how you should do that, but I get pics all the time for customers.There shoudl be some info on your page on how to do that.Maybe you simply copy and paste the image in here as I think its done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up got the pics but your site wont accept them
Don't ever buy a laptop with windows 10 its C.....p
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume that to remove the door I must disconnect the good hinge?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that is correct, unless yours will slide out of its groove.But it is so much easier to fix this with the door off ;-)Please rate kindly at this time so I can place your question in my priority list so you can reach me anytime until we are done. No cost for that;-)Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael you need to explain how to unfasten the good hinge
I will then have a loose door
my question is how do I reconnect the loose hinge
if I take the good hinge off I will have two to reconnect
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the reason you need to remove the good one as well, is its much easier to attach them to the door or the cabinet first so they will both be it the correct position. You need to take the door apart separate the halves to get to the hinge fasteners ;-)This is really a task for an experienced technician as it can be a little complicated. But if you are handy and have some basic tools you can do this.I will offer you phone service so we can talk about this, maybe I can help you do this easier;-)If that sounds good please accept and I will call;-) call so I can guide you on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the hinges are fastened to chrome strips which have no screws, they must be attached with adhesive to the door
there must be a way to refit because they cannot be removed,
the loose hinge will go onto the slot there must be a way to re attach
have asked my daughter to show me how to get the pics to you
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi how did the detached hnge come off? Is it bent at all?A pic would really help in this case.Usually on these you slide the door off the other hinge so you have the door off and can work on it at a table (flat surface) for safety and ease of installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the hinge is still firmly attached to the door I think the hinge is exactly the same as the other one with no damage
I pushed the door down to free the grill handle and the hinge came out of the oven casing
ive tried pushing down against the spring so it looks like the good one but it wont catch in the casing
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** detached from the door? Or the oven As I suspect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is only detached from the oven casing
it slides into a slot
it cannot be removed from the door
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will try to get a diagram for you but that will take me until Monday since the Source isn't open today;-(Sorry about that delay.Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael,
you did not fix my problem.
I appreciate the difficulty when you cant see the problem
you obviously did not read my answers to your questions
my model has a glass door with no screws
I told you I forced the door open and dislodged the hinge. it was not jammed shut
taking the door off would have doubled the problem not solved it
I repaired it next day by myself it took less than 30seconds once I illuminated the oven
regards john
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi John a pic would really have helped, as I couldn't see any pics from the manufacturer either which is very odd.. In any case Im glad you were able to fix this one, It sounds more like a toaster oven lol.Have a nice day! Tech Michael