Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Frig/freezer, ZENB 2625, Serial no. 54700421, purchased

I have a Frig/freezer, ZENB 2625, Serial no. 54700421, purchased circa 2005. Small problem the green light (Pilot Light) on the control panel flickers on and off. Page 10 of instruction booklet does not mention this problem. Do I need to worry or does it mean that the appliance is coming to the end of its life and I should purchase a new one? If I switch the thermostat control knob off for ten minutes or so and then switch it back on it works OK for another week or so before blinking on and off. Please help. Thank you.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Would you kindly give me the pnc or product code of your appliance its a nine or eleven numerical number on the rating plate. Thank You ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, had to go and look, 925 886 664.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
OK the green light is only an led that indicates that you have power to the appliance, quite often they fail but unfortunately they are part of the main control pcb and you would have to replace the whole thing, In view of its age I would stick with it, as long as when you open the door to the fridge you have a interior lamp at least you know the unit has power and is working. The part number for the pcb is(###) ###-####but with a retail of £115.27p on an 11 year old f/freezer I think I would stick with what I have got - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically, as long as it flickers - OK, more importantly as long as there is a light in the fridge and everything is cold/frozen - keep going but with the knowledge that sooner rather than later it is going to pack up and that I should work at clearing everything out and purchase a new appliance. Correct?
No it should be good to go, I see no reason to change it as long as its working, its only in effect a light bulb it doesnt control anything, it just indicates that you have power to the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So as long as everything remains frozen/cold and the inside light works I should not worry about the green pilot light?
Correct, as long as you have an interior light you know you have power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, certainly puts this old man's mind at rest and the fact I don't have to go looking to purchase a replacement soon. Thank you once again and have a good weekend.
A pleasure, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can ask further questions free of charge. Thank you for using JustAnswer and have a great afternoon - Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.