Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I am having an unusually high temperature indication on my

Customer Question

I am having an unusually high temperature indication on my Fridg/Freezer and the bottom part of the fridge is cold whilst the upper part is hot. I guess I may need service for the unit and would appreciate your reply to this note to help me.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the Full model #?How old is your Fridge?Also is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michael for your willingness to help in solving my problem.
The full model of my fridge/freezer: Samsung Silver NanoTM
(Health System)
There is no frost in the rear wall inside the freezer, but there is a heavy frost at the rear bottom of the fridge section.
I cannot be precise about the age of the Fridge/Freezer, but definitely 10 years or more.Hameed
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for that info. Ok, you need to defrost the fridge for 24 hours with the doors open.Its possible you have a bad defrost component, but it may just be frosted up as well, Also please check the door seals to be sure there aren't any air gaps when the doors are closed;-)Once you defrost it for 24 hours, you can then use it normally, but let me know if this problem happens again within a few weeks. then we can go further if needed.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you Hameed and have a great day!Tech Michael