Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have bosch 280 RSFcom i boiler. The boiler fires as it should

Customer Question

I have bosch 280 RSFcom i boiler.
The boiler fires as it should but when it reaches the desired temperature it switches off and although it tries to restart it will not fire up.
the pilot stays on throughout and will only fire up again if i blow the pilot light out.
any suggestions
bry
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Are you saying, it will fire one time, and run fine. But the next time when it calls for heat, it wont start on its own and fire fully?Please explain if that is incorrect? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pilot light stays on throughout process
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information. Please let me knwo what happens when it tries to light, or does it NOT even try at that point?That will tell me a lot.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan runs and it sounds as it does normally but there is no clicking noise as when the i nitial start up begins, which is the igniter and as previously stated the pilot light is still on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as i blow the pilot light out the system starts as it should
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The part you need is called a thermocouple.Its the safety device that prevents serious and potentially dangerous conditions with the system. This one really needs to be serviced by a heating professional.But if you are handy enough and have some basic hand tools, I can help you get that part and replace it. I wish I had better news for you but the part isn't very expensive but needs to be ordered. I will tell you the best place to get that if you are going to make this repair yourself with my help?Please let me know on that.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you please send me details of part and where i can purchase and approx cost?
BryI appreciate your assiztance.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bry, I can't be sure of the cost as they fluctuate from time to time. But the best place to get that Thermocouple safety ignition system is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/Please call: 0844(###) ###-####ome » Parts » Brands » BoschPlease call them for this as they do not list all parts on site.Thanks Bry, once you have the part, I will work with you until this is in and working no cost for that;-)Have a nice Sunday Bry.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael.Just to let you know that after our last conversation I returned to the bokler, cleaned it throughout and put everything back together intending to purchase the part you advised.
The following morning I started up the boiler to get some hot water and to my surprise the heating came on when I had finished using the hot water. The system continued to fire up on demand and has done so ever since.Any comments ?Bryan
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes, thats great, This is a rare event, but it sounds like you may have simply had an electronic glitch in the system but it reset itself.But it could also be a loose connection either with a the wiring on the board with a component failing.Just let me know how it continues but if it fails one more time, you will need the parts ;-)Have a great day glad it decided to come on for youl ol ;-)