Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have taken the condenser out of my dryer to clean it

Hi, I have taken the condenser out of my dryer to clean it and it won't go back in! Can you help?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also if you look at the back of the condenser does the back part looks like a complete oval shape or is it all wavey? Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent you a picture...I don't know where to find the serial number
I see the fault straight away there. I had the same fault last week were the condenser wont go back in. Its because the plastic condenser is warped so its stopping it going all the way back in. Now you can either get a new condenser for this or another way is get a pair of cutters and cut the condenser. Ive uploaded your picture again but on there you will see red lines.Cut down them lines on your condenser on both sides of it and then bend the plastic flaps inwards on both side. As its them stopping the condenser going in. Do that and then you can refit the condenser from there and to be honest it will work just fine from there like that. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I did that and it went in!! Could that have something to do with all the lights flashing when I last used it? I hadn't dried my clothes properly.
I took the condenser out and it was full of fluff (I don't think I have ever cleaned it) because i was trying to see if that was why all the lights were flashing.
If the condenser was blocked up then it effects the air flow around the dryer and can cause the flashing lights. So retry it and see what happens.But if it starts flashing again and theres no heat then it could have taken the thermostat out on the back on the heater. If this has happened then the heater will need to be replaced as the heater comes complete with the thermostats on it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ah ok...it is on now...will i be able to tell if that has happened by feeling if the clothes are hot?
Yes you should feel heat after a few minutes or so on these.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no heat at all...how do I get the heater replaced? is it an expensive job?
To access this you need to remove the buldge cover on the back and there you will see the heater. On the top are the thermostats so if you have a multi meter you can test them and replace the heater from there. The heaters are around the £50-60 roughly.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.