Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Rangemaster fridge freezer (double door on fridge, "pantry

Rangemaster fridge freezer (double door on fridge, "pantry style". Internal water filter. Can turn the knob to "unlock position" but filter does not "Spring out" as instruction manual suggests, nor does it pull out at all. It is stuck. I have changed the filer before (about a year ago0 using range master filter. What should I do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number of the appliance please. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AGA. Rangemaster DXD910
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is just a twist and pull filter. So when you twist it anti clockwise is should spring out and release.Have you tried pushing the filter inwards as you twist it?Or pull it at the same time as twisting it to see if it pops out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, tried both those things. Have change filter successfully before no problem..
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The locking device must be the fault on this then because as you know its a straightforward swap over to replace these. So as its not popping out then the locking device on the filter must be the issue here keeping the filter locked in. What you can try first is give the filter a good bang and see if it will release.If not then you need to remove the plastic housing unit inside the fridge at the top to try and release the filter from there. Once its out you may need to replace the filter locking device on this to stop it from happening again in there. Sorry its not looking like good news but if banging the filter wont release it then its looking like a faulty locking device here which may need to be replaced.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Try that and let me know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks. Gave it a bash with a hammer and that worked a treat. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nice one hopefully that's a one off and it should be fine now. Also if you could remember to rate the answer as well that would be great.