Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch fridge freezer (classixx frost free) seems to have malfunctioned a bit - fridge was

Bosch fridge freezer (classixx frost free) seems to have malfunctioned a bit - fridge was warmer than usual - have managed to lower that...but top freezer compartment also warmer (so bread I had in it now defrosted) - lower 2 drawers in freezer *seem* ok...is it on way out, or is there an easy repair? Or should I readjust settings on the front?
Cheers, Mic
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number of the appliance please. Its usually on a sticker inside the fridge section and start E-nr. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, E-NR KGU30604GB/02 (FD-3409)
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. On this appliance as its frost free you may find the evaporator is blocked with ice stopping the airflow around the appliance on this. What you need to do is turn the power off and empty the freezer.Then remove the back panel inside the freezer and behind there you will see the evaporator.If this is blocked with ice use a hairdryer and fully melt the ice in there. Or if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and then turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours and this will defrost itself from there. Then after 24 hours turn it back on and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its a one off that caused this and it will be fine. But if it does the same again say 3 weeks later then theres a fault on the automatic defrost side on this which could be the heater itself, Thermal cut out or the control board at fault. But try the defrost first as fingers crossed this cures it. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** that a go!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Also if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. Once rated you can still get back to me on this without paying again so that isn't a problem. Thanks