Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

A problem with a Bosch Fidge Freezer Will you be able to

A problem with a Bosch Fidge Freezer Will you be able to help?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the full model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No as I can't find the bill but it is about 4 years old.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
The model number will be on a sticker inside the fridge section usually behind the salad drawer. Can you see this? The model number starts E-nr.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go and look.DIFFICULT TO SEE AS IT IS ON THE SIDE BUT IS En 153 any use?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Im afraid the EN 153 isn't anything im afraid. If you cannot find the model number then is this a frost free appliance or do you need to defrost it yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT IS A FROST FREE APPLIANCE
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok as this is a frost free then what could have happened here when you left the door open what happens is you get a lot of warm air in there which causes the freezer to over freeze on the evaporator and this messes the sensors up in there and if you get a power cut again it causes the sensors to drop out. Turn the power off to the appliance.What you need to do on this is either empty the freezer and remove the back panel in there.There you will see the evaporator. Use a hairdryer and melt all the ice in there.Then turn the controls off for the freezer and then plug it back in.Now turn the controls on and then give it 4 hours and hopefully that will cure it from there. Or if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer.Unplug the appliance and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours.This will give it a full defrost from there.Then turn it back on 24 hours later and give it 4 hours and again that should be back to temperature again from there. Try that and see what happens and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i AM AWAY FOR A WEEK FROM TOMORROW . IF I SWITCH IT OFF AND LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN WILL I RETURN TO A FLOOD. AS I AM NO DIY EXPERT I DO NOT THINK I WILL MANAGE WHAT YOU SAY. COULD I GET A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY TO COME AND DO THAT WHEN I RETURN?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
To be honest its not going to be a lot of ice so just throw a towel inside the freezer on the bottom but I don't think there will be a lot of water as fridges don't that much ice to cause a flood so don't worry about that. So as you are any for a week then that will be plenty for it to defrost itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU, ***** ***** SWITCHED OFF WILL STOP ME WORRYING ABOUT IT WHILE AWAY.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome.That's it you can go away and not have to think about it now. Also if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. You can still get back to me on this even after rating when you get back as that isn't a problem. Many thanks
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.