Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Zanussi zwf1421w has stopped mid cycle. I have managed to get the doo

Customer Question

Zanussi zwf1421w has stopped mid cycle. I have managed to get the door open and drain the water. Using the strat and half load buttons I have got an error code Start 2 x flash, End 4 x flash. can you help please?
Steve
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Zanussi Washer?May I have the error code you got? Please clarify what you meant 4x flash?Thank you Steve.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think about 6 years old. After pressing and holding the start and half load buttons to get the error code, the code I got was 2 flashes on the start button and 5 on the end button
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for that info. Please explain how it failed, how long did it run if at all, and what cycle it may have stopped in. That will tell me alot abotu the problem and its cause;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried wash cycle. Machine started but stopped while water was being added (within 30 secs?). Tried spin cycle, some water drained away but cycle stopped again after about 30 secs. Wife now home, apparently washer is 10 years old!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay,one more question, what happens when it stops?Any error message,blinking light etc?What must you do to re start the machine when if fails this way?Thank youTech Michael