Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Samsung model RFG23UEBP the water dispenser was working

I have a Samsung model RFG23UEBP the water dispenser was working perfectly for over five years and suddenly stopped delivering water any ideas ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you still have water to the ice maker, the issue is either a faulty water inlet valve or the water tank has frozen. I would allow the fresh food section to warm for a couple hours with the door open and if you still have no water at the dispenser, replace the valve. The valve assembly is available below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need a specialist service engineer to fit the part suggested?
Thanks June.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, it will depend on your level of comfort. There are, of course, water connections involved as well as electrical connections. Because water damage is usually not detected until major damage has been done, I usually recommend having it professionally installed unless you are very confident of your ability to do so.