Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Avantixx Bosch dishwasher is showing code E24 - check water

Customer Question

My Avantixx Bosch dishwasher is showing code E24 - check water can you clarify?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi E24 is a time out draining error code. I assume it has stopped full of water?What you need to do first is check the waste hose and were it drains to. If it goes under a sink then check the pipe work under there isn't blocked up as this can stop the dishwasher from draining out. If that's all ok then you need to remove the bottom basket and the filters in there and then scoop out all the water inside. Then depending on the model there is a cover you can pop off. If you still have the manual for it it will show you in there how to remove it. If you don't then let me know the model number and I can tell you instead. But if there isn't a cover in there you can access then you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the drain pump from underneath and check for blockages in there.Again this depends on the model so if you need help with that part let me know the model and I can advise further. The model number is ***** at then top of the door on the left as you open it as its etched into the door there and starts E-nr. But basically the E24 error code you have is a draining fault so its either a blockage in there or the pump is faulty. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** I have checked the outlet under the sink and it is clear and I then ran the 'quick rinse' and there is no water in the machine. Should I run a de-scaler in the machine?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok so now theres no water in there? If its all drained out then yes run a de-scaler through it and see how it goes from there. Set it to the hottest wash and see what happens and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, I will revert tomorrow
RegardsDavid
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries, Speak tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open? Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page. Regards