Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch WVD24520GB/11 washing machine. The machine washes and

Customer Question

Bosch WVD24520GB/11 washing machine. The machine washes and drains, then will not spin. It continues at wash speed through the spin cycle. No abnormal noises, just no spin at all spin speed settings. Trying a spin-only cycle also results in wash speed only.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Bosch Washer?Is yours the washer dryer? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer was bought new in 2012. It is just a washer.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay I will be with you in a moment.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Does the drum turn easily if you spin it by hand when the washer is off?Also does the drum turn at all during the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drum spins easily by hand, and turns at wash speed during spin cycle. There may be a delay in responding if you ask for tests as I am at work during the day. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey no problem, I will be in and out today as well;-)I will need to knwo if , when you start the wash, if the drum will turn slowly on its own in the beginning as it used to at all or if it doesn't move on its own during a cycle?That will tell me the story ;-)Thank you for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drum starts and turns normally during wash cycle. Everything seems normal until the drum tries to spin, then it revolves at wash speed only.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for that information. This could be one of two things, it could be the motor itself, but in this case I suspect the main control board because that is when selects the speed it shoudl run at. When this main board fails, that is one of the possible symptoms it can exhibit. Its easy to replace the motor components, i would order the motor complete in this case for various reasons.This part is easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools, dont worry I will assist as well;-)The best place to get that from would be: http://www.espares.co.uk/I would call them to order this part as they don't list all parts on their website;-)Please call espares :0844 9777 888Once you have the part(s) please re connect with me so I can help you get his part installed, here is No soldering required just a couple of plug in connectors for this repair;-)I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. I think I can manage from here on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey, your welcome, if you need anything further on this please ask me. No additional cost for that.ThanksTech Michael