Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Beko DW602 Dishwasher has stopped heating water. I have

Customer Question

My Beko DW602 Dishwasher has stopped heating water.
I have tested the resistance across the inline water heater element and am getting a reading of 28 ohms, (which I believe is ok).
Can you suggest any other reason for the problem.
David
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Beko DW ?This si more than likely a bad T-Stat, follow the wires from the heater to find that part. Its near the element. As for the element, yes you are correct, the element is likely ok ;-)Once you locate the T-stat, check it to see if it has an open connection as is most likely.The best place to get another T-Stat for this one is: http://www.espares.co.uk/I would call them for this part: 0844 9777 888 .In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Beko dishwasher is approx. 3 years old.
You mention that the fault is likely to be the T Stat.
Is the T Stat the same thing as the NTC, (thermal limiter) ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that's the part ;-)Its called different things depending on area or region;-) Please rate my service kindly at this time so we can continue in case you need me in the future on this repair, no cost for rating.Also its the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you. Thank you! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have replaced the t-stat with new item from espares, but the dishwasher is still not heating water.
Any more suggestions ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I would also try changing the coil as well, 28 ohms may not indicate it as good.If that doesn't help then your problem is the main control board. Rare, but that seems to be the case.I would replace the heater first to be sure. Its not very expensive ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just for your future reference.......I purchased a new heater element.
The reading across the new element is 29.6 ohms.
The reading across the old element is 28.4 ohms.
With the new heating element and Tstat installed the dishwasher still does not heat water.
An expensive new control panel pcb could be the answer, but I think I will buy new dishwasher.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for letting me know that. Yes then this is either a bad wire (unlikely) so yes the next step would be the control panel.Happy I could verify that for you and I wish you the best with your new machine if that's the route you will take;-) Have a great day.Tech Michael ;-)