Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My bosch KGU34121gb fridge freezer now is on continuously the frige maintains a steady tem

My bosch KGU34121gb fridge freezer now is on continuously the frige maintains a steady temperature but the freezer goes down to -34 if left running.
Can this be repaired or is it scrap?
Aln
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your freezer ?Is there any excess frost on the rear wall inside the Freezer?And are the door seals seating well all the way around the door frame?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13years old
No excess frost
Door seals in good condition
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. What you need to do, is ti defrost this one for 24 hours with the doors open. Keep a towel on the floor inside to catch any dripping water that may be present.Then you can power it back up and let me know how it runs. This shoudl reset the system and it should operate fine at this point. But let me know if this problem returns In a few weeks. If it does, then We will go further;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael