Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Panasonic HDD recorder model #

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic HDD recorder model # ***** & Plasma Tel model # ***** I am unable to set the child lock, I can set the code on the TV but when I put the code into a locked station it dose not work nor dose it work on the recorder. Yours Sincerely K. ****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your DMR-PWT420 ?Can you unlock any of the child locked programs? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchase date 22, 08 2012
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. But also, Can you unlock any of the child locked programs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i cannot unlock the programs
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** able to do that in the past on this machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never used the child on the TV or the recorder, for some reason some of the recordings are locked in the direct navigator
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** sorry your having this trouble,What is the proceedure you have tired to unlock these programs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the TV I have a 4 digit pin with the pin I can get into the child lock service list I lock & unlock any programs I wish, when wanting to watch a locked program I cannot unlock it with the pin at the screen. I have tried to set a pin on the recorder using the same pin using the procedure in the manual. The remote control needs to be set code 1 which it is but I do not know about the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I sent you the offer, Please accept that and I will call you at your convenience;-)It should be easier that way ;-)Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Michael my # ***** any time before 6pm & after 7pm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Michael you can call any time in the mornings.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, for some reason, the system isn't working for the calls at the moment, UUgg!Hopefully it will be up later today, I knwo they have been working on it for days lol fixing bugs etc lol.Or..you could call me(###) ###-####I want yo help you with this. Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the # ***** gave me has not been recognised.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me when you can or carry on talking
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will ;-) ThanksI will be out for a few hours but I will be back when i can and will call asap.This problem could be as simple as following the unlock proceedure but it may also be due to a bad IC on the board due to its age, Panasonic have had that trouble unfortunately.Let me do some research. I will be back with you as soon as I can.Thanks you for your patience!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Michael how are you doing
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im here, its early morning where I am in the states ;-)The phone # ***** ***** US based one, maybe that will help?Usually our system will initiate the call but for some reason with your # ***** didn't ;-(I spoke with the manufacturer yesterday evening late. They informed me that when the HDD inside fails, this is one of the symptoms.It then wont allow you release child lock features. Also they say that when the HDD has become corrupt(failing) or lost some of the data, it will show then programs all as child locked because it can no longer get the programs to play.One thing I would try is a system reset in this way. Please unplug the unit from power for 2 full hours, then plug it back in and restart it. Let me know if that solves the issue or not?Thank you for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael The child lock as never been used & nothing before as ever been locked off automatically but is now. No pin as ever been installed in the auto setup of the recorder. It is only locking of programs that require parental guidance which it as never done before please advise. The recorder is turned off most evenings.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** means there is definitely a problem with the HDD ;-(Its not a fixable issue in that you can have that HDD repaired, you can fix the entire DVR unit by simply replacing just the HDD, its easy to do that.But that error is really just this units way of saying that it can no longer access the files on the disk in the HDD unfortunately.I wish I had better news for you, I really do.If you woudl like info on where to get a replacement HDD for that unit please let me know?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am talking to Panasonic to try and solve the problem. Can you reimburse our telephone call that never that never took place. I cannot see where to go on this web site to rate your services. please advise. Yours Sincerely ***** ***** PS I will keep you informed regarding the outcome of the recorder.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will send this to Customer service for refund processing. It may take a couple of weeks for the refund so please be patient with that. But they will do that for you.If you end up still needing my service please just let me knwo I am here all day today.