Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Daniel, I have a bosch KGV3620IE/04 fridge freezeer and

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have a bosch KGV3620IE/04 fridge freezeer and need to remove the fridge evaporator fan
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your fridge?Just to be sure, you are talking about the fan behind the freezer wall? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, no its a fan mounted on the back wall of the fridge just behind the fridge light. There is a grille behind the fan where the fan sucks up the air into the fridge. The fridge takes forever to get to temperature although it does after a couple of days. We bought it second hand for an apartment in Lanzarote (which is where it is) hence DIY will be required when we get back there April.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** sure the fan is the fault? As it usually isn't.Can you hear it run at all at any time?You may need to press the door button when you are listening.ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Never does I'm afraid. I would the model number of the appliance be useful?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi thanks for that info,It sounds like you do indeed have a bad fan . Usually this is just the fan that needs to be replaced. I will help you replace that fan when you get it in;-) Its pretty easy to do and I will assist you until this if done and working as it should.Remove power. Remove all inside shelves and ice maker and ice bin. Dump the ice and dry the ice bin fully. Remove the top half of the freezer back cover. When you have the top cover loose and electrically un plugged, you have access from the back so you can replace the evaporator fan motor part # ***** It is inside a fan back cover. The fan runs the air into the fridge compartment.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, I think that we are looking at the wrong model of freezer (my fault I should have phoned my friend earlier to get the Bosch model number) Here it is now though. E-NR KGVIE/04 Its got the fan actually in the fridgecompartment just behind the fridge light.
Thanks again Hope this helps
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi thanks!Now atleast I knwo which one you really have lol ;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Is your fridge a side by side or fridge on top?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
oops wot a plonker (Me)
Fridge on top!
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the pic, can I have a pic of the inside of the fridge as they show two different ones with the same exact model, someone screwed up lol sorry for that.Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I,d love to send one but its 2000 miles aay from me and getting the first pic (the label) is like pulling teeth.:-(
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I,d =I'D aay=away sorry
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** on this one that you dont have a rear panel on the back of the fridge, some of these had one.But you need to remove the inside back panel to access the fan. There are some screws that hold it to the back wall inside the fridge.But most of these are in the freezer behind the wall. This models info was vague to say the least, but thats basically how this is done, in any case its easy to do, the shelves and draws and their mounting brackets need to come out as well, thats about the hardest it gets to do, not bad at all;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
from looking at it when I was there, the back of the fridge has a panel covering the whole of the back. When removed it just has insulation. In the fridge part the fan is situated just behind the fridge light at the top of the fridge, I'l try and get you a pic from there now. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Ok, no you cant get it from the back
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
in any case its easy to do, the shelves and draws and their mounting brackets need to come out as well, thats about the hardest it gets to do, not bad at all;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
To get the screws, they may have white plastic caps over them making them hard to spot.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Since this seems like it may take some time, please rate now so I can place your Q in my priority list, no cost to rate.I will see all your replies until we finish this project;-)Sincerely ***** *****
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael,I dont seem to be able to attach a jpg of the inside of the fridge. The add file link is unresponsive.
Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dave, I knwo its do - able as customers send me these all the time. I t may be an issue with your computer or something. I cant see your page so I am not sure how to advise you on that part. But, Have you removed the shelves etc?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi again,
Hopefully you have received this with the attachment. The fan at the back is situated in front of the evaporator vent. The fan cannot be removed without removing the light assembly in front of it. We undid the only screw which was obvious to us (the hole at the bottom of the light assembly). I'm sure that I can remove the fan to test the coils in it IF i can get at it. If that doesn't show a failt then I think that the repair would be beyond my if there isnt an easy to find control board associated with the fan unless that is also easy (huh!) to get at. I hope that the picture clarifies my problem, and yes we did remove the shelves, crem, butter AND mains power before attempting the last failed fan removal :-)
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the pic, on this one there may be a screw at the back of the plastic housing. But usually not. In most cases on this one, there are plastic clips on the plastic fan shroud that need to be popped out of place with a small thin blade screwdriver, like prying careful so as not to break the tabs;-)It should come off with a tiny bit of finesse.Then you can remove the fan blade by pulling it off the shaft, then you can remove the fan mounting screws;-)Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just one last thing Michael, but is it just the screw hole (at the bottom of the light housing) to remove the light so I can access the fan screws?
You've nearly finished having me pester me honestly.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Sorry for the delay we are in different time zones ;-)Ye you are correct. But there may also be a plastic clip that you need to pop, by using a small blade screwdtiver to carefully pry the lens off to access the lamp;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will be away until 14th of April now so totally understand that you can't keep this job open 'til then. I Thanks again Mate. I if you can keep in open until I get back I will be amazed. Please let me know if you can. Thanks again
Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi , If you will rate my service kindly, I will be able to place you on my priority list and I will be here for you when you return, simply reply to this message then, Please rate at this time so we can do that, I will stick with you;-) Have a great day Dave.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Rate @5* DoneūüėĀ,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That was 5*
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dave, that is not the way to rate lol;-)There should be something on the page to actually rate my service correctly, once you do that I will see it.ThanksTech Michael