Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Oil keeps coming out of the filler cap on to the cat pump on

Oil keeps coming out of the filler cap on to the cat pump on my petrol pressure washer
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Cat pressure washer ?Also may I have the Full model # ***** I can help efficiently? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** date 2004
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eurojet
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you one moment...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
You sure you used the correct pump oil? You sure you didn't overfill it? , overfilling I believe could lead to foaming and poor lubrication. If your sure on those drain the oil and look for water, maybe a seal is bad and water is getting in the crankcase.Let me know if there is any water getting in the oil.ThanksTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I happen to have the same one lol!I had a similiar problem with my pressure washers pump oil cap. I had just replaced it for my residential house wash pressure washer because it was gushing oil. I replaced both cap and oil to proper level, she has been running like a champ back to cleaning houses ever since. I could even feel a difference in the power increase.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oil is not discoloured
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that good ;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
There are a few things that will cause this problem, if no water is getting in the oil that's great news. so its either a bad cap, or cap seal, or its filled too full or not enough, and the only other issue woudl be if there was air in the system.I would drain and re fill the oil and make sure the cap and the seal for it is in good shape and that there are no cracks in the threaded hosing where the cap fits the unit;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything in the cap like a valve eat as I can only see day light through it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regarding the oil I've been about today and the only place as I was told it was milking machine oil
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no there is nothing like that in this cap
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Its just hard to seal sometimes, try a new seal, but first I woudl drain all the oil out to be sure its not getting air bound which woudl definitely cause this problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a red cap with a hole through the middle of it and the oil is coming through the hole
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yep I knwo it well ;-)Is the oil coming out that hole, or around the seal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Out of the hole
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I would try a new cap, there is a seal in that one that seems to have failed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Its not a valve but a seal, that will blow if the pressure gets too high due to air in the oil. That can happen if its tipped or layed on its side. The solution is a new cap and replacing the oil after emptying it out fully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats inside the cap to stop the oil from coming out of the hole
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Its just a seal in there lol. But once it blows, the cap needs to be replaced with a new one is all ;-)Im sure thats all you will need;-)Please rate my service at this time so I can stick with you until you are sure that worked;-) no cost for that and then I can place your question in my priority list, so when you write me I will see it ASAP.ThanksTech Michael