George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a FCG 910 Chimney cooker hood which shows no sign of

I have a FCG 910 Chimney cooker hood which shows no sign of life! Having removed the filter to access the mains lead to the unit I have confirmed that 240v power to the unit is ok but nothing is working. The solid state push button switch bank as never been positive but you can buy spare ones. Do you think it is the switch bank?
Tony
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony, Does the light come on on the unit? It is possible the switch bank is faulty, however this can be tested. To do this, find the positive lead giving input to the switch bank and put a multimeter to that cable, then at the other side of the switch bank test each cable exiting whilst that button is active.. You are looking for resistance settings If power is found entering the switch bank, disconnect the power and do a resistance check; if resistance is found to be at each of the exciting cables then the switch bank is in good order and the fault is likely with the motor. Please remember to rate the assistance given.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
No light at all on the unit. I have power to the unit but nothing works!
Tony
Hi Tony, If you have power to the control block but not coming out of it then you will need a new sensor control part number D-KZB-YJ-H819-HC4 You can buy one from 4CaplePlease rate the assistance given by me today regardsGeorge
Have you managed to get the part yet Tony?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, We never have had a light on the unit to show it had power! Switch bank lights only came on the when the motor or hood lights were activated. I have tested the unit for input power at the incoming cable and I have 240V ac. You do not give a value for power entering the switch bank or a value for the resistance. I have tested the switch bank for power and get 6 Volts ac. Resistance readings are infinity!
I am not buying the part until I am sure it is the switch bank. It is £60/70 so I need to be sure! We have hardly used the hood so I find it difficult to believe that it can be the motor! How reliable are these units?
Tony
Value of power entering the switchbank should be 240vac... So if you are only getting 6vac then there is a supply fault to the board.. Please hang with me, I will try to get a wiring diagram tomorrow if one exists.. I do not have resistance settings for the switchbank... normally when each button is pressed there will be a different resistance for each switch. But yours is touch control is it not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
I am surprised the switch bank voltage should be 240 vac because the seven core input cable size to the pcb is very small! It is good that you are investigating to see if a wiring diagram exists because without one it is quite frustrating. I am hanging with you because if I have to replace the whole unit the measurements would be difficult to match and I would have to redecorate. I am away on business for the rest of this week so I will not be able to reply until next week! Regards Tony
Hi Tony, spoke to the manufactures this morning and they do not have a wiring diagram available but they are going to try get one from the factory. I will update you as progress arises regards
I have received a wiring diagram, but it does not show voltages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
Can you mail me the wiring diagram because it looks like I will have to make a calculated decision on whether to gamble on purchasing a switchbank to try it out. Also this would give me an idea of where to test further.
Regards Tony
Hello Tony, Yes the wiring diagram should allow you to figure out where to test next if you are reasonably good with diagrams You have not rated my assistance so far.. Once you have done so I will post you a link to download it from my server
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 12 months ago.
Attached is the wiring diagram for the appliance