George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a diplomat dishwasher with a model HJA 8360. It wont

Hi I have a diplomat dishwasher with a model HJA 8360. It wont change temp setting. It seems to be stuck on the rinse setting or occasionally by pressing the bottoms (both the program and the start button randomly) multiple times it moves to the 70C setting. But now that nots even working and we are stuck on the rinse setting. Any ideas about how to fix this?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louisa, Do you have the product or service code from the label on the appliance.. Normally it is down the side of the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Model is HJA8360. I've attached some images with the labels so you can see all the info.
Thank you for the images Louisa... Switch the appliance off at the On/Off switch. Whilst switched off, press the start/pause and program selection buttons at the same time and switch the appliance back on at the On/Off switch but keep pressing on the buttons for 3 seconds. All of the indicators should light on for 2 seconds. Tell me if there are any flashing indicators on the programmer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiNo flashing indicators but there is a symbol lit up in red next to the the programs. I've added an image.
Ok, if you are still at that point and haven't touched anything: Press start allow the program to finish.. It should take about 6 minutes .. Tell me if there are any flashing indicators following the test wash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there aren't any flashing lights, but the red light is still on.
Thanks Louisa The lights you see indicate that the dishwasher needs Salt and Rinse-Aid.. You should now be able to use your dishwasher.. If you can not, then there is a problem with the control panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher has been topped up with rinse aid and salt but it's still stuck on the rinse setting.
Have the lights now gone off on the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the salt and rinse aid lights are off. However now no lights show on any of the programmes. The start button lights up and it goes through a rinse cycle when it closes but no lights show on the programmes however many times you press the button.
Did the lights operate during the test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Salt and rinse aid light is off. all lights flash when you turn it on and then the light on the ri cycle now stays lit, and stays on throughout out the cycle.
I'll get the documents again when I get to the office later and come back to you.. I'm on the road at the moment
I have looked at the information for the appliance and find nothing that would indicate additional faults with the appliance.. Run the tests again (as above), if no indicators are flashing following the test, there has been no fault found. Just turn off the appliance, then turn it on again and all should work correctly. As for the rinse aid light.. adjust the rinse aid setting on the container.. Please rate the assistance I have given you so far today. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope it's still not working
Then we have come full circle and I would suggest there is a problem with the control module I'm sorry to say..