George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Morning, I have a Siemens E-46.38 sIx yr old, it is making

Morning, I have a Siemens E-46.38 sIx yr old, it is making a horrendous noise, if you lean on top it tends to alleviate the noise slightly. Again, clothes that have been dried in the machine have a funny odour similar to hot metal / grinding.
Would appreciate any help /solutions? Thank you Susie
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Susie, Can you tell me the Enr from the label inside the door opening.. Also, how long has this been happening; does the noise come from the front or the rear of the appliance;?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right then - WT46E389GB/16 FD 8902 200169 and about four / six weeks. I have to go out now for a couple of hours so I will not be able to respond to any queries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, noise appears to be coming from front above the control panel
The only things at that area are the cover for the control panel and the lid... Can you check that the appliance is stable with all four feet on the floor, as if this is not the case you will get vibration. Can I ask you to open the door and remove the washing from inside.. Then rotate the drum of the appliance by hand, listening for any strange noises from the front bearings of the drum. If there is any noise from the front bearings, the advice I would give you is to contact Siemens to have them call out to the appliance.. Their number is *****(###) ###-####Please let me know what you find. Please remember to rate the assistance give by me today. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hav had a peep, there is a tInkling sound as if something is loose and just a general whooshing noise of the drum moving?
Thanks Susie
The tinkling could be a screw come loose and has wandered into the bearing area... That would also give you the smell of metal you have described.. I advise that you wither contact an independent repairer or contact Siemens to have them call out to the appliance.. Their number is *****(###) ###-####I can assist you with numbers of repairers if you let me know your postcode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is SA62 5UR
Thanks again Susie
N.C.A. Skipper88-90 Dew StreetHaverfordwestPhone: 001437 779148 A Better RepairIvy ParkCardiganPhone: 0800(###) ###-#### Mobile: 07970 777972
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** used skipper before so may give him a call.